21 January 2020
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The role of the retailer in protecting customers in vulnerable circumstances
Utilities Pre-Conference WorkshopThe challenge of vulnerability in the UK continues to grow. How can we identify and protect customers in vulnerable circumstances and exactly who has what role in this process? The report from the Commission for Customers in Vulnerable Circumstances and Ofgem’s Consumer Vulnerability Strategy outline key findings and provide recommendations, but how exactly do we turn these recommendations into results? Focus points include…
- What are the next steps in tackling the growing challenge of vulnerability in the UK?
- Where does the role of the retailer start and end?
- What is the role of the state? And how should they work with the retailer?
- How to identify customers in vulnerable circumstances early
- Vulnerable customers aren’t just struggling to pay their energy bills – how can cross-sector collaboration help?
- How do we ensure that progress is made in the next 5 years?