Ahead of the Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference, we ask Andrew White, Senior Policy Manager, Consumer Council for Water some questions - find out what he said...
1) Who or what is having the biggest impact on consumer debt in the UK?
In terms of the water sector, social tariffs and other financial assistance schemes are making a real difference to low-income households that are in danger of sinking into debt.
2) Where are the biggest opportunities for the industry to reduce consumer debt?
Social tariffs funded by customers can only go so far. There is a real opportunity for water companies to face up to the challenge of eradicating water poverty by supporting everyone who needs help. To achieve this they will need to play their part by contributing funding from their profits.
3) What are you most looking forward to at the Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference 2020?
The agenda for the day looks great. It will also be an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas with colleagues from other sectors.
4) What career advice would you give your younger self?
Make the most of, and learn from, every opportunity which comes your way.
5) Who would your top five dinner party guests be (living or deceased)?
My wife, Freddie Mercury, Douglas Adams, Eric Cantona and Sigmund Freud